Thursday, May 22, 2014

Presenting the unpresented

In my last class (Facilitating Instruction for Diverse Adult Learners), my learning team was charged with creating a training for new hires as well as a diversity presentation for the new hire orientation at an imaginary company ("USA Corporation"). I was project manager for the assignment and, being the Type A personality that I am, took on more than I needed to - mainly, putting a shizz-ton of work into a PowerPoint presentation that didn't need to be done.

My objection with having to do PowerPoint presentations for class is that we never really present them; they just reside in whatever archive the university keeps or, at best, on a portfolio site.

So here it is to present - Ta-Da! - the slickest PowerPoint presentation I've ever made (integrating videos I made using MS Photo Story). If you click the above link, it will download the presentation.

Anyway, if you're not motivated to view the PowerPoint (I can understand that), I'll show off the two Photo Story videos. As I said, they were made for a new hire orientation at an imaginary corporation and for the videos, I invented a history and direction (based on the diversity policy the team developed) for the company. So this first video is about the company's history:



The second is about the company's path forward with its diversity policy:



At last! Presented!

No comments:

Post a Comment